Wednesday, March 28, 2012

happy.

The past couple of months I have been: content. Since we all know my emotional scale is usually pretty off the wall, content was a happy medium (along with content, another one of my favorite words lately) and life was good. I was training for all my runs, and staying focused on school and work, which sometimes meant not going out as much and going to bed really early, which I was perfectly okay with.
and then life happened...

I met a person who has made me happy. I was surprised, and I think everyone in my life is also surprised at the sudden change in my life. Everyone is used to me being the one that loves to be single, or the one that loves to meet new people and enjoy everyone's company, so when this amazing person came into my life, there was a big change. I'm not one to want to spend everyyyy day with someone, and I enjoy my alone time-a lot. With that said, I've seen this boy everyday since our first date and I enjoy every minute of our time together. (and I won't go into detail of why because I will write forever! )
and then life happened, again...

It's been FOREVER since I've happily said "I have a boyfriend" so I guess I forgot how much time management it needs. Basically, my free time has been spent with him, and I am perfectly happy with that. Others? not so much. but here's where you find out who your friends are.
My family and my friends have told me how happy they've seen me lately and how happy they are for me that I finally found someone I deserve. woohoo right? well I have some "friends" that aren't really that okay with it. I was upset for a while because of course I want to make everyone happy and I really did feel guilty. But the more I talked to friends and the more everyone told me how happy they were and the more I thought about it, I'm realizing that I am making everyone happy. Everyone that matters.
Who matters? the people that are sticking by me. The people that understand that circumstances change: I wasn't going out as much because I was training, now I'm taking a break, hence why I can let loose a little :)  The people that truly know me and know that half the time I'm not around anyway, but know that we can pick up where we left off ANY time. The people that realize this new relationship is a big deal for me, because if it wasn't, I wouldn't be investing so much time into it. and I know that I am making them happy because they have wanted this for me.


and one more thing, I usually don't mention anyone's names on here, but I neeeeed to give a shout out to:
Nicole. you are the epitome of an amazing friend. Thank you for always understanding me, loving me unconditionally, and loving me for me-flaws and all (even after I make mistakes).Thank you for always knowing what to say when I don't even know what I need to hear. I love you.

Amanda. thank you for believing in me, even when I've lost all hope. thank you for understanding me and still loving me through my craziness. I love you.

Vanessa.thank you for always making me laugh. for your awesome friendship in such little time.  Thank you for letting me into your life and accepting me for who I am. I love you.


Now that we've addressed that- in other news...

Austin Jailbreak this weekend! I'm excited for a lighter race! and it's my first mud run! hopefully we will get some pictures so I can share with you guys :)
no more big races for me until after the summer probably...but I'm looking for some good places to run around in San Antonio, I love my babcock hills but I want to switch things up sometimes too! :)
and for all my mommy friends, the kids have been obbsesed with the Winnie The Pooh soundtrack from the latest movie, and now I am a bit too :) It has Zooey Deschanel singing and I am falling in love with her voice! it also has some instrumental songs that (at least my kids) enjoy! which makes me a happy girl because that means they recognize good music, not just Mickey Mouse singing :) It's def worth a download, it's adult bearable. :) :)
and last but not least, I LOVE LENT! this lent season has been fantastic!!! looking forward to healed hearts, and renewed spirits!

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment