Monday, March 12, 2012

Get up.

Get up.
It's what I tell myself every morning. It's what I yell at myself when I'm running uphill. It's what gets me out of bed on Saturday mornings when I have a long run planned. It's what I tell myself when the alarm goes off at 5 am and I know I have a long commute to school. Get up.
Funny how I'm obsessed with quotes (especially with pinterest now a days! follow me:marimon) but it seems like a simple, two word sentence has really become my go-to motto. Then I started thinking why? Saying get up, for me, isn't because I have to...it's the reasons why I choose to "get up" so here I go. :)
1. I get up for school because I chose to be an educated individual. I made the decision to challenge myself and go to college, to be educated, and in the long run, so whatever life may throw at me, I can be (or at least feel) prepared. I chose it to make my family proud, I chose it to make myself proud. That's what "get up" means to me in the mornings, it's one day closer to reaching these goals. So, I choose to get up, get ready, and drive :)

2. I get up for work because I have been beyond blessed to have a job that I love. I get to wake up before the sun is up to two beautiful children (one very sleepy, one veryyyy awake) I laugh at how much we do before we are even out the door, and by the time everyone is out the door and at school it feels as if it could be noon already, but it's not, it's not even 9 am! :) :) But I can't complain because those cute little smiling faces make it all worthwhile.

3. I get up to run because, again, I chose to live a healthier lifestyle. The way I feel after a work out, the way I feel after a good run, that's my sanity, and my happiness. I know when I don't work out I feel moody and irritable, so I choose to give my body what it is asking for. I also choose to get up and run, because I chose to challenge myself and do something I thought I would never do: run a half marathon. Now I've ran 2 and I've challenged myself yet again, and now I want to run better and faster. (also known as runner's high, lol)  So I get up because I want to push, and fight, and ultimately win. Not a race win, but win against myself. because trust me, no one reallllllyyy cares you ran a marathon, or your time, or if you beat your personal record. Sure you get compliments and people think you are crazy, but for me it's not about that, it's about how much I want something and proving to myself how much I am willing to go for it.
It's about drive. and discipline. and happiness.

so, life lesson learned: everything seems so much easier when I have a goal, when I constantly remind myself that I have chosen to be where I am now because of what I want for my future.

I hope this lets people understand me a bit more now and the changes I have been going through. I heard a friend complain to someone else that I was happy all the time. It hurt my feelings because I get happy when others are happy, so why would someone be so annoyed that I am happy all the time? do other people feel the same way? I hope not, but I hope this clears some things up, but more than anything, I hope this pushes someone to make that small change they need in their lives to be happy.

and I will leave you with these two awesome, inspirational Biggest Loser quotes from last week's episode.
"I'm changing on the inside and I like what I see" -Chris
 and my favorite....
"I'm gonna keep going, I'm not going to stop-because how I feel now is better than I've ever felt before in my life and I never want to feel different." -Chism, 19. After losing the weigh-in, what a rockstar!




No comments:

Post a Comment