Friday, October 14, 2011

...and then life happens.

So let's all talk about how I never post on this thing! I get so mad at myself because the writer in me always has all these ideas on what to post and how I want to write everything I've been experiencing lately, yet when I finally get in front of the computer it's to do homework or after that I'm so tired I just want to be on pintrest and watch some shows on hulu. haha so then I have to put 60 things in a nutshell for this. 


nutshell numero uno: DISNEYWORLD! wooo!!! we drove. for 17 hours. yayyyy. but we finally made it to Orlando! My friend Amber and I went and we stayed with her friend (Josh) that lives there so that was nice. I met most of his roommates and his gf, and everyone was really nice and just down to earth people so I REALLY enjoyed that! I got to see my best friend from Mexico that I hadn't seen in more than 10 years so that was SUPER SUPER AWESOME! We had so much fun at the parks...meeting Mickey and all, but OF COURSE I think the funnest was when we all went to EPCOT! because MY favorite to do there is drink around the world! hahaha Josh's roommates met up with us there. You can see the pictures in my Orlando album on facebook. :) 


and this is where "life happened" when we got back from Disney, a mom that I babysit for offered me a live in nanny position, and although I had thought about it before, I just thought it wasn't for me but this time was little different. I decided I needed to grow my own wings, so I did.... and now I am so happy. SOOO much has been going wrong in my life lately that I figured why not change things up a little and just take a leap of faith? sometimes I fall flat on my face, and that's ok, but with this one, I had a realllly good feeling about it so here I am, writing from my new room :) hehe This mom and these kids have seriously been my angels sent from above. I hate to pick ''favorites" with all my kids, because I find them all extra cute and awesome and unique in their own little way, but let me tell you that these 3 little ones are so funny, and our personalities really 'click' if you want to say that...so I won't say they are my favorites, but...well...I am in love with them!!:) :) haha 


moving on to nutshell numero tres. (dos was moving)
it kind of goes with 'life happening'. Everyone knows I wear my heart on my sleeve, and it really is there for anyone to do what they please with it. I like that about me because that's one thing I learned: to be open to changes, possibilities, new relationships, new friendships, etc... yea yea, that all sounds so goooood. yet, I know that me wearing my heart on my sleeve also makes me open to heartache and my feelings being hurt, but now I've realized that that is part of life. I have to get up and learn from whatever life is throwing at me. the one thing I have learned these past couple of weeks is that I can be the NICEST person to EVERYONE and that doesn't mean that mean, nasty people aren't going to come around me. My feelings were really, really hurt by someone who was special to me, and yes it hurts and I am (still) sad about it, but I'm hoping it will get better. I know there's a reason why this curve ball was thrown at me...and I am also trying REALLY hard to be patient about it to see WHY it was thrown. speaking
 of balls....my twin Vanessa (not really twins from birth but I swear we are the same person in almost every aspect!) had to get me out of my house and out of my sad mood, so we went and watched Hardball with Brad Pitt, and I recommend that to EVERYONE :) :) 
This also reminds me of one more thing that life has reminded me is SUPER important: when you are going through a rough patch, it's easy to go in a little shell and not come out, and soak in your misery.DON'T. there REALLY are people out there who care more about you than you can imagine. I never knew the kind of friends I had because I was always the one bending over backwards but never let anyone in to do the same thing for me. A few friends finally broke my wall down and basically let themselves in because they knew I needed help, and I am more grateful for them, than words can explain. These people see the real me and love me for who I am and are convinced that I deserve a good life. and thankfully, they are willing to stick by me until I accept that for myself. I am forever grateful that I found that support system. You know who you guys are. I love you until the end of forever. <3 <3 


okay, promise my next post will:
1. be soon. 
2. not be so sappy and sad and emotional. 
3.be about my adventures with these kiddoes! :) :) 


and one last thing, SMILE. to anyone and everyone and at all times. The guy changing my oil this morning said to me "I need people like you to work for me, we need people like you all over the world" I asked why and he said "because for the hour that you were here I didn't see you NOT smile ONCE. I've never seen anyone so happy at an oil change place and you made the other 5 people in there smile too' this made me realize that if I can make someone just SMILE with my (half ass smile I'm sure I had because I really do feel beat down inside) then think of how many people we can ALL make REALLLLLLLY smile when we do that?! think about it and then... SMILE. 




<3, M

No comments:

Post a Comment