Wednesday, January 11, 2012

learning...

HA! how far I've come since my last post...I was so excited about running 5 miles and now I laugh about that! here's a little update: in case you haven't heard me crying about it, I won't be running my Disney Princess half marathon in February...booo! but I am okay with it, because I just don't think it was God's plan for me to be there this year. on the bright side, I was really anxious to run so I signed up for a half that's here in town at the end of January! yayyyy! 


okay, so this is what I have learned recently. 
TRUST GOD. sometimes I forget that. I forget that when we make our own plans our Lord just laughs. The Princess run seemed like my perfect first half to run, I was going to run it for my uncle who passed away from Leukemia, it was at DISNEY which is my absolute favorite, and to top it off, I would get sprinkled with Pixie dust at the end. But so many things jumped right in front of it and I kept trying to knock them down, and then I finally realized that this was His way of telling me not to go and I was so relieved after I figured that out. I could focus on other things that I needed to focus on, instead of trying to get rid of all these impossible obstacles I was trying to overcome. and then all of a sudden, things started falling into place. PRAISE HIM!!!! How sweet everything is once you let our Savior in and let Him take the wheel! 


and with "how sweet everything is"....another thing I learned in the past couple of weeks- how passionate I am about my kids. These little people seriously are 'my happy place' when I'm tired, when I'm cranky, when I feel like I can't go anymore, all my cuties find a way to say the right things. Today I was a little bummed about some things and out of nowhere my little Miles love said "Love you to the moon and to the planets and to the stars and to the flowers" and just like that I was fine again. :)  


Anyway, I was writing this because "I finally had some down time" and then my phone started blowing up, so I guess I will wrap this up and hopefully blog some more sooner. and with pictures. promise! :) but, I will leave you with this quote..it's MOST DEF gotten me through these past couple of weeks.  











No comments:

Post a Comment